Saturday 18 May 2013

 
What if, after knowing the whole world, I go to the hell and what if, after knowing nothing about this material world, my mom goes to the heaven!
I, out of unexpressed ego, sometimes think that my mom knows nothing about the modern world because she never went to school, read good books, browsed the net (like used Facebook or Twitter, E-mails), mixed with famous people, visited good places, used sophisticated technology like iPhone, Smart Phone and even she cannot talk smartly. Aha! I feel proud of myself for the luck that I did do all of these. I am a modern person: people say and without doubt I consider it. What if, after knowing the whole world, I go to hell and what if, after knowing nothing about this material world, my mom goes to Heaven!

Life is so beautiful in this modern world. I am so proud about my life. People read my blogs, comment about them, praise my posts in facebook. I meet many people and people meet me for scores of reasons. I take classes in many schools, colleges and universities. I am an icon to my students. I write books and I am admired by the readers. In short I am a complete man, a successful person. But to WHOM? To the people of this material world. What am I to my LORD? Does He praise me? Does He love my actions? Does He accept or reject my prayers? Is my intention of doing all things in this world to satisfy my creator? Or I am just doing these for my untold, unexpressed pride. I still do not know the answers.

Let's talk about my mom. She is sixty. Still strong and hardworking. Happy she is with whatever she gets or does. Satisfied she is for the things small or big she gets. She can shower tears in prayers. She is purified, honest, happy, and responsible. If God on the Day of Judgement pardons her and says, 'Go to the heaven and enjoy whatever best I have adorned for you.' Isn't she a successful person though she was unlike me in this transient world? And how about me if God says to me the opposite?

"God, make me like my mom and like him who you love. I don't want to be like my present me."

0 comments:

Post a Comment